Virginia C. Josey was born in Killeen, Texas and raised in Culleoka, Tennessee and Pine Mountain, Georgia. She graduated from Harris County High School in Hamilton, GA in 2009. Virginia graduated from Georgia Southern University in 2013 and Mercer Law School in 2016. While at Georgia Southern, Virginia was a recipient of the Hope Scholarship.
During her time at Mercer Law, Virginia clerked at the Macon-Bibb District Attorney's Office and competed in six national mock trial competitions. She was voted by her peers to serve as President of Mercer Law's Advocacy Council and Mercer Law's Honor Court Justice. Virginia was selected by her professors to receive the 2018 Mercer Law Estes Moot Court Award and the Order of the Barristers, a national association recognizing excellence in the art of courtroom advocacy.
Before graduation, Virginia started work with the Honorable Howard Z. Simms as his Staff Attorney. Virginia practiced as a prosecutor before joining Noland Law Firm, LLC as an associate attorney in 2018. In her spare time, she enjoys coaching Mercer Law's Mock Trial teams and gardening. Virginia is married to Jordan Josey, an attorney at McArthur Law Firm in Macon.
- Georgia, 2016
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2017
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2017
- Mercer University School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- Georgia Southern University
- Honors: Hope Scholarship
Honors and Awards
- 2018 Mercer Law Estes Moot Court Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers, Middle Georgia Chapter
- Macon Bar Association
- Macon Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
Past Employment Positions
- Macon-Bibb District Attorney’s Office, Clerk
Pro Bono Activities
- MG Alert (Middle Georgia Alliance to End Regional Trafficking)
- Museum of Arts and Sciences Festival of Trees Committee Member