Noland, William H.
William Noland has been representing people in divorce and child custody matters, people facing criminal charges, and personal injury and wrongful death victims since 2000. William has tried dozens of criminal and civil cases in state and federal courts in Georgia and has extensive experience in the appellate courts as well. An expert in search and seizure law, William served as lead counsel in a DUI case which started in the State Court of Bibb County and ultimately ended with the Georgia Supreme Court issuing an opinion invalidating the Bibb County Sheriff’s roadblock program and leading to the dismissal of dozens of DUI cases in Bibb County. William has also helped his clients achieve reduced, charges, dismissals, not guilty verdicts, and appellate victories in numerous other criminal cases, including drug cases, violent felonies, sexual assault cases, traffic offenses and other crimes.
William takes pride in successfully guiding clients through divorce, custody and other family law matters. While certainly not the easiest cases, family law matters provide an opportunity to help people through trying times and to protect those who need it most. William’s experience, preparation, knowledge of the process, and comfort in the courtroom often lead to positive results for his clients.
In his civil practice, William has handled trials and appeals in all types of injury cases, often successfully employing the use of expert witnesses to achieve a successful result. William has also helped clients in trial and appellate courts achieve results in employment and contract cases as well as election law and civil rights cases.
William and his wife, Bright, live in Macon with their two sons. William is active in the Macon community, having served as a baseball, soccer, and basketball coach. William is also active in the Georgia High School Mock Trial Program, having served as the Regional Coordinator for the Central Georgia Region since 2004 and the State Program Chair in 2009.
William has been recognized by Georgia Super Lawyers magazine and has earned an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest attainable peer review rating from this globally recognized organization. William was also honored to receive the 2016 William Augustus Bootle Professionalism Award from the Macon Bar Association.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Georgia, 2000
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2001
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2001
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2008
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 2000
- Auburn University
- B.A. - 1997
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Macon Bar Association , Past President
- Macon Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Past President
- State Bar of Georgia, YLD Representative , 2004 to 2008
- Georgia High School Mock Trial Program , Past Chair
- W. A. Bootle American Inn of Court , Past President
- Macon Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Past President
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers